You have opportunity to connect people through your creative and informative writing. Get your link for Author Registration
Thanks for your interest to work with us. We have mailed you the link to register as our Author. The link will be valid for 12 hours. Please submit at your earliest
The first thing that comes to our mind after we hear the word "Mediterranean" are exotic dishes like seafood, chicken, turkey, lamb chops, Italian food, crabs, chicken -manchowsoup, prawns, etc but on the contrary, these dishes do not classify as being healthy according to plans advertised in the Mediterranean diet.
It's simply a wholesome diet that includes, fruits, vegetables, beans, pulses, legumes, nuts, seafood, olive oil, and dairy products. This is a diet based on the traditional & local foods that the people ate in Greece and Italy back in the 1960s. This is why the inhabitants in that era were free from chronic ailments like hypertension and other lifestyle diseases.
Innumerable studies have shown that people consuming the Mediterranean diet were in the best of their health. Here, well-being is achieved not only by eating fresh food but also by regular physical activity and leading a stress-free life. Together, these things turn out to be really useful in the long run.
A nutritious Mediterranean diet would include:
1) Fruits – apples, banana, kiwi, berries, grapes, oranges, pears, strawberries, dates, figs, papaya, melons, peaches, etc.
2) Vegetables: Tomatoes, broccoli, arugula, spinach, onions, cauliflower, radish, kale, carrots, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, cabbage, etc
3) Legumes: Kidney beans, peas, lentils, pulses, soybeans, peanuts, chickpeas, black-eyed peas, etc.
4) Whole grains: Whole oats, bajra, brown rice, quinoa, rye, barley, corn, buckwheat, whole wheat, jowar, whole-grain bread, and pasta.
5) Fish and seafood: sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel, shrimp, oysters, clams, crab, mussels, etc.
6) Poultry & Eggs: Chicken, duck, goose, turkey, pork, mutton, beef, etc.
7) Dairy: Cheese, yogurt, Greek yogurt, milk, butter, cottage cheese, etc.
8) Herbs and spices: Garlic, ginger, basil, mint, rosemary, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper, etc.
9) Healthy Fats & Oil: Extra virgin olive oils, coconut oil, sunflower oils.
Mediterranean diets have proved to be beneficial for our holistic wellbeing. It helps in preventing the following maladies:
1) Reducing the risk of Coronary Heart Diseases (CHD)- Stroke, atherosclerosis hypertension, blood pressure (BP), congestive heart failure, etc.
2) Promotes Weight Loss – offers good cholesterol, lesser calories, unsaturated fats, amazing nutritional quality, and the possibility of overall weight loss.
3) Halving the risk of Diabetes – has a low sugar content and thus, may reduce the risk of getting diabetes
4) Keeps you lively- fortified with essential nutrients, this diet helps in reducing frailty and keeps muscles strong.
5) Optimum fiber intake – increases bowel movement and keeps the gut healthy and provides proper roughage to the body.
6) Increasing longevity- numerous studies have proved that consumption of this diet escalates life expectancy by 25%.
Points to ponder :
Include lots of fruits and green leafy vegetables.
The nutritional value of this diet is about 60% of calories as carbohydrates, 15% as protein, and around 35% as fat, which further encompasses 25% whole grains, 50% vegetables, and 25% lean meats. This provides a balance of diet, roughage, and satiety.
The diet is a rich source of phytonutrients, antioxidants, carotenoids which help in combating free radicals. Along with it, the vegetables and fruits consumed as a part of this diet help in reducing inflammation.
1) Namkeen, Chips, pretzels, noodles, and sauces.
2) White rice, refined flour
3) Sandwiches with white bread or rolls
4) Ice cream, puddings, trifle
TRY THIS :
1)Cabbage, broccoli, carrot, beetroot,
2) Porridge with veggies
3) Brown bread and whole wheat chappati
4) Skimmed milk, fresh fruit juices, shakes, and smoothies.
Thus the Mediterranean diet has a holistic approach to the whole body since it is extremely healthy, feasible, and sustainable. Not only does it have numerous health advantages but also, it encompasses a wide variety of environmental benefits. It has a positive impact on our body and proposes an improved lifestyle pattern, therefore; it must be included in our daily life. Once added to our daily routine, the Mediterranean diet can revitalize and uplift our well-being to a great extent!!!
'When the diet is wrong medicines are of no use, but when the diet is correct, medicines are of no need.'
We are connecting you with our expert Pharmacist shortly
Login with your Mobile Number
Don't Have Your Account? Sign Up
Forgot your password? Reset It Now
Sign Up Now and Claim Your Free Gifit
Already Have Your Account? Login
We're sending you a link by Email
to reset your password
Back To Login
Medily © 2020. All rights Reserved
In compliance with Drug Cosmetic Act and Rules, we don't process requests for Schedule X and habit forming drugs. For Schedule H and H1 drugs, you need to upload a vaild prescription from a registered medical practitioner